Wednesday, September 3, 2008

a weekend getaway...



Can you believe that it has been 5 years since David and I were married? Wow, time has really flown by. This past Sunday we celebrated our anniversary whitewater rafting on the Ocoee and then spending the night in Chattanooga. Rafting was so much fun! David kept thinking I was going to fly out of the raft but I had dug my feet so far into the seat in front of me that I was not going anywhere. I don't have any pictures of the actual trip but you can see some here. (I just tested out the link and you have to click to continue then type "Andrew" as the code word.) I did take a picture of my shoes because I thought they were so funny. I actually got them in Jamaica when we were snorkeling on our Honeymoon and have been dying to have a chance to wear them again. Yes, they do say "Jamaica no problem !"






After rafting we went to Chattanooga where we stayed in the Bluff View Art District. This area is so charming. One family owns the whole block there are several houses to stay in and also restaurants, coffee shop, galleries and museums. If you are ever in Chattanooga this is really the place to stay. Or if you are in Chattanooga you can drive an hour and a half and stay with me!

A sweet couple offered to take our picture but could not figure out my camera.



This is the house we stayed in. It was so humid outside it fogged up my camera lens a bit.





I had to include this one just to make up for the shoes I was wearing in the other picture. These ones are much cuter!



No comments: